Why is my laptop touchpad not working Windows 8?
If that doesn’t fix the problem, check the touchpad settings. In Windows 7 or 8, go to the Start menu or the search charm and type mouse settings . Check your laptop’s Touchpad settings to make sure the touchpad is enabled and check its other settings while you’re at it. If that doesn’t help, you may need a new driver.
How do I enable my touchpad on Windows 8?
How to enable the touchpad in Windows 8 and 10
- Press the Windows key , type touchpad, and press Enter . Or, press Windows key + I to open Settings and choose Devices, then Touchpad.
- In the Touchpad settings window, click the Touchpad toggle switch to the On position.
How do I get touchpad to work again?
Press the Windows key , type touchpad, and select the Touchpad settings option in the search results. Or, press Windows key + I to open Settings, then click Devices, Touchpad. In the Touchpad window, scroll down to the Reset your touchpad section and click the Reset button. Test the touchpad to see if it works.
How do I install touchpad drivers on Windows 8?
To manually install a driver
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
- Enter Device Manager in the search box, and tap or click Device Manager.
- In the list of hardware categories, double-tap or double-click the category your device is in and then double-tap or double-click the device you want.
How do I reset my windows touchpad?
Hit Windows+I to open the Settings app. On the main page, click the “Devices” category. On the Devices page, select the “Touchpad” category on the left. On the right, scroll down a bit and then click the “Reset” button under the “Reset Your Touchpad” section.
How do I reinstall ASUS touchpad driver?
Go to Settings -> Control panel -> Uninstall/Change program -> ASUS Smart Gesture -> Repair. If everything is fine, you should see ASUS Touchpad in Device Manager. Notes: ASUS support suggests to download and reinstall the ATK driver first and then reinstall the Touchpad driver.
What do you do if your laptop cursor wont move?
- On your keyboard, hold down the Fn key and press the touchpad key (or F7, F8, F9, F5, depending on the laptop brand you’re using).
- Move your mouse and check if the mouse frozen on laptop issue has been fixed. If yes, then great! But if the problem persists, move on to Fix 3, below.
Why is my computer touchpad not working?
A common cause of touchpad failure is water damage. Whether you’ve spilled a drink or had your laptop in a damp room, water can affect the connections and sensors on your touch pad and render it useless. Before writing off your computer, try switching it off and leaving it to dry for one or two days.
When your laptop’s touchpad stops working?
Wipe the What to do when your laptop’s touchpad stops wtouchpad of the laptop with the cloth regularly. And always make sure that no liquid is used for the cleaning of the touchpad, otherwise it may cause other serious issues. So, whenever your touchpad stops working, wipe the touchpad with soft and clean cloth.
Why is my touch pad not working on my laptop?
If your touchpad suddenly stops working, you might have accidentally turned it off with your laptop’s function keys. Hold Fn and press the F key with an icon that resembles a touchpad. The switch key varies from laptop to laptop, and some laptops don’t have a switch at all.
Is your laptop touchpad not working?
How to Fix Your Laptop’s Touchpad Not Working Method 1: Checking the Mouse Settings. Method 2: Using the Windows Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. Method 3: Reinstall the Touchpad Drivers. Method 4: Updating the Touchpad Drivers. Method 5: Checking the Physical Touchpad Switch. Method 6: Checking the BIOS Settings.