What is there to do in Houston in the winter?
18 Winter Break Activities for Houston Families
- Check out the holiday lights.
- Take in a show.
- Go for a “hike”
- Visit the new art at Discovery Green.
- Go ice skating.
- Trek to Moody Gardens.
- Find a new favorite playground.
- Try the city’s best hot chocolate.
What is there to do in downtown Detroit today?
7 Fantastic Things To Do In Downtown Detroit
- Explore The Detroit Institute Of Arts (DIA)
- Discover Belle Isle Park.
- Cruise On The Detroit Princess Riverboat.
- Explore The Outdoor Adventure Center.
- Visit The Detroit Historical Museum.
- Explore Greektown.
- Take An Architecture Tour.
What is there to do in Houston for Christmas break?
30 Things To Do with Houston Kids over Christmas Break
- Christmas lights.
- Public light displays.
- Holiday volunteering opportunities.
- Santa’s Wonderland.
- Alvin Christmas Train.
- The ICE at Discovery Green.
- Giggles & Fun.
- Old MacDonald’s Farm.
What is there to do in Detroit in December?
13 Things to Do Safely in Metro Detroit this December
- City Institute Series: Land Use & Sustainability.
- Marvel Exhibit.
- Light Up Beacon Park.
- Rebel Nell Holiday Market.
- Holiday Nights in Greenfield Village.
- Holiday Wreath Workshop.
- Virtual Tour: Women Entrepreneurs of Detroit.
- Virtual Tour: Detroit Architecture Beyond Downtown.
What are winters like in Houston?
Winters in Houston are mostly dry and cool. Temperatures don’t often go below freezing, but a snow or ice storm is possible. January is the coolest month in Houston, while February is the driest, receiving just over three inches of rain.
Is Detroit Downtown safe?
Is Downtown Detroit Safe? Downtown Detroit, located just across the river from Windsor, Canada, is in fact an area of great beauty and grand architectural interest (thanks in large part to the City Beautiful movement of the late 1800s) that is indeed mostly safe to visit.
What can kids do in Houston in December?
Best Things to Do in December in Houston
- Tomball German Christmas Market. Tomball.
- Holiday on 19th Street. Houston Heights.
- Magical Winter Lights. Photo courtesy of Magical Winter Lights.
- Sugar Land Holiday Lights.
- Discovery Green Park.
- Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens.
- Old Time Christmas Tree Farm.
- Houston Ballet.
Are there any free events in downtown Detroit?
For one night only, over 120 Detroit museums, galleries, historical buildings and more open their doors free of charge to the public. There are also plenty of free activities such as carriage rides, crafts, music performances, and plenty of shopping discounts. Put on your mittens and get ready to explore downtown Detroit.
Where to celebrate the holidays in Detroit MI?
For an adults-only holiday celebration, be sure to reserve your spot on Drink Detroit: Holiday Lights Cocktail Crawl. Enjoy cocktails and snacks at The Buhl Bar, The Skip, Rusted Crow Detroit, and other establishments. What’s more, this is so much more than a bar crawl!
Where to see the Christmas lights in Detroit?
Every year, the Detroit Zoo lights up for a truly spectacular month long holiday lights display. Wander the zoo and marvel at the animal-shaped light sculptures, or maybe have a go on the skating rink, or even visit the 4D Rudolph exhibit. Tickets range from $11-18.
When is the Detroit Jazz Festival on TV?
The Detroit Jazz Festival presented by Rocket Mortgage, the world’s largest (and best) free jazz festival in the world will be streamed and broadcast “live” for free this Labor Day weekend online and at Campus Martius Park on the big screen. The Festival begins on Friday, Sept. 3 and runs through Monday, Sept. 6.