What is a cleaning job classified as?
A Cleaner, or Custodian, is responsible for keeping offices, homes, hotels or other public areas neat and organized. Their main duties include sweeping, mopping and vacuuming floors, dusting countertops, ceilings and furniture and sanitizing bathrooms, kitchens or other public areas.
What cleaning duties do you expect to handle?
Cleaners tidy, disinfect and sanitize offices, homes, hotels and other residential and commercial facilities. Cleaner duties and responsibilities typically include sweeping, mopping and vacuuming floors, dusting various surfaces, cleaning bathrooms and stocking and maintaining supply rooms.
What jobs are similar to cleaning?
Using data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and PayScale, Monster found 10 careers where you get to shine (and scrub and scour).
- Car wash technician.
- Carpet cleaning technician.
- Dental hygienist.
- Dog groomer.
- Dry cleaner.
What is the job called where you clean houses?
Housekeepers are responsible for cleaning places like residential houses and hotels. Typically, housekeepers are responsible for tasks like vacuuming, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, washing dishes, changing bed linens and more.
How do you describe cleaning on a resume?
Describe the cleaning duties you had to perform to maintain the interior and exterior appearance of the building at your previous position. You could make a statement such as, “Swept and mopped floors, washed walls and windows and emptied trash cans.” Also describe additional duties specific to your work environment.
How do you describe a cleaning job on a CV?
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Knowledge of correct cleaning products, equipment and best practices.
- The ability to use electrical equipment (e.g. vacuums, polishers and steam machines) in a safe and effective manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A positive attitude and taking pride in work.
What qualifications do I need to be a cleaner?
There are no set qualifications or education subjects needed for this type of work. Your employer or line manager should provide all work-related training. If you have any experience of working as a cleaner, or it was part of another job you’ve had, make sure you include this in your application.
What is a cleaning lady called?
daily, housekeeper, maid, charwoman, cleaning lady, housecleaner, housemaid, maidservant.
How do you describe a house cleaning job?
- Clean houses with a variety of chemicals, disinfectants, and machines.
- Vacuum hardwood floors and carpet.
- Sweep up debris.
- Clean toilets with toilet brush and chemicals.
- Wash soiled clothes and linens.
- Place fresh linens on bed.
- Wash, fold, and stock towels.
- Scrub stains, mold, and mildew from surfaces.
What is adjective of clean?
adjective, clean·er, clean·est. free from dirt; unsoiled; unstained: She bathed and put on a clean dress. free from foreign or extraneous matter: clean sand. free from pollution; unadulterated; pure: clean air; clean water. habitually free of dirt: Cats are considered clean animals.