What does it mean to say something breathlessly?
1. Breathing with difficulty; gasping: was breathless from running. 2. a. Excited or tense, often to the point of holding the breath: a breathless audience.
What is the root of breathlessly?
Answer: →Root word of breathless? breathless. →late 14c., “unable to breathe,” from breath + -less. Meaning “out of breath, panting” is from mid-15c.
What is the difference between marriage and married?
If you are married to someone, they are your husband or wife. Her daughter was married to a Frenchman. When you marry someone, you become their husband or wife during a special ceremony.
How do you use breathlessly in a sentence?
Breathlessly sentence example
- She waited breathlessly for his next move.
- Insides shaky again, Deidre waited breathlessly , tears on her face.
- “Thanks,” she said breathlessly , and stepped away from the horse.
- She stared at the kitchen doorway, waiting breathlessly for the person to appear.
What is the synonym for breathlessly?
In a keen or enthusiastic manner. eagerly. enthusiastically. actively. ardently.
Which is the best definition of the word breathlessly?
Define breathlessly. breathlessly synonyms, breathlessly pronunciation, breathlessly translation, English dictionary definition of breathlessly. adj. 1. Breathing with difficulty; gasping: was breathless from running. 2. a. Excited or tense, often to the point of holding the breath: a breathless…
What was the definition of marriage in English common law?
See also Common-Law Marriage. In the English common law tradition from which our legal doctrines and concepts have developed, a marriage was a contract based upon a voluntary private agreement by a man and a woman to become husband and wife.
What does it mean when a dog is breathless?
1. 1. the air drawn into, and then sent out from, the lungs. My dog’s breath smells terrible. 2. an act of breathing. Take a deep breath. having difficulty in breathing normally. His asthma makes him breathless; He was breathless after climbing the hill.
What are the basic elements of a marriage?
Definition. The legal union of a couple as spouses. The basic elements of a marriage are: (1) the parties’ legal ability to marry each other, (2) mutual consent of the parties, and (3) a marriage contract as required by law. See also Common-Law Marriage. Overview