What to do if there is no space in C drive?
You can also free up space of C drive by empty it.
- Click “Start”, type “disk” in the search box and select “Disk Cleanup”.
- In the “Disk Cleanup”, select the drive you want to clean up.
- After that, it will calculate how much space you will be able to free on C drive.
- Finally, choose to delete files you do not need.
What is taking up all my space on C drive?
Find out what files are taking up space on Windows 10 1809 and older
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Storage.
- Under the “Local storage” section, click the drive to see the storage usage. Local storage on Storage sense.
- While on “Storage usage,” you can see what’s taking up space on the hard drive.
How can I free space in C?
Here’s how to free up hard drive space on your desktop or laptop, even if you’ve never done it before.
- Uninstall unnecessary apps and programs.
- Clean your desktop.
- Get rid of monster files.
- Use the Disk Cleanup Tool.
- Discard temporary files.
- Deal with downloads.
- Save to the cloud.
How can I increase my C: drive space?
#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space
- Right-click This PC/My Computer, click “Manage”, select “Disk Management” under Storage.
- Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose “Extend Volume”.
- Set and add more space to your system C drive and click “Next” to continue.
How do I free up space on my C: drive Windows 10?
- Open the Start menu and select Settings > System > Storage. Open Storage settings.
- Turn on Storage sense to have Windows delete unnecessary files automatically.
- To delete unnecessary files manually, select Change how we free up space automatically. Under Free up space now, select Clean now.
How do I extend my C: drive?
1. Extend C Drive by Using Disk Management
- Right-click the Windows button, choose “Disk Management”.
- Right-click C drive and choose “Extend Volume…”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish extending C drive.
How do I add more space to my C: drive?
Follow the steps below:
- Right-click the “Computer” icon on the desktop and hit the “Manage” option.
- Click on “Disk Management” to open Windows Disk Management.
- Select C drive, right-click and hit “Extend Volume”.
- Set the amount of space to be extended to C drive following Extend Volume Wizard.
How can I increase C drive space without losing data?
Begin -> Right click Computer -> Manage. Locate Disk Management under Store on the left, and click to select Disk Management. Right click the partition you want to cut, and choose Shrink Volume. Tune a size on the right of Enter the amount of space to shrink.