What do you wear white water rafting in October?
What to Wear Whitewater Rafting
- Wool or synthetic garments are best.
- A good wool or synthetic cap can help significantly—40% of heat loss is through the head.
- Wool socks are also recommended if you don’t have neoprene booties.
- Be certain to bring a complete change of clothes and shoes plus a towel.
Can you go white water rafting in the fall?
The fall season is one of the best times to experience white water rafting because the water levels are unpredictable! While you may not know what to expect as far as water levels, you can always count on having a blast regardless of what mother nature has in store!
What do you wear to white water raft?
During the summer, you (and your group) should wear a swim suit, shorts, a t-shirt and old tennis shoes, river sandals, or water shoes (no flip-flops). Please feel free to bring a towel and a change of dry clothes and dry shoes for after the Chattooga white water rafting trip – we have hot showers.
What do you wear to a fall float trip?
Appropriate footwear; wear shoes that are meant for watersports, or for river use, making sure they stay on your feet at all times. Layered clothing; a base layer of waterproof synthetic fabric, underneath a layer of river clothes, underneath a layer of microfleece, underneath a splash jacket to keep water away.
What do you wear white water rafting in the fall?
During the spring and fall, it is advised that you wear warmer clothing including woolen or technical fabric clothing as it resists water absorption. Staying dry, or at the very least drying fast, will help you stay warm during your white water rafting trip.
What do you wear to go white water rafting in the cold?
For rafting in colder weather, we strongly recommend: Wetsuits, splash jackets, and river shoes (available complimentary at our office); a swimsuit and synthetic layers to wear underneath your wetsuit. Synthetic layers to wear under your splash jacket, such as fleece that will continue to keep you warm while wet…
Can you go white water rafting in September?
Whitewater rafting gets big play in the summer months. September might be the winding down month from all the playtime of summer, yet it’s also still an excellent time of year to cruise down that river you’ve had a hankering to explore.
Can you white water raft in November?
The for White Water Rafting in the Smokies generally runs from late February through November. During the summer (from Memorial Day to Labor Day), the river flow is consistent and white water rafting operators schedule their trips accordingly.
What should I wear water rafting?
Wear on the River in Warm Conditions:
- Quick dry shorts/bathing suit.
- Synthetic shirt for warmth and sun protection.
- Sturdy footwear – sandals with straps (no flip-flops), sneakers, wetsuit boots.
- Hat with brim to protect face from sun.
- Sunglasses with retainer strap.
- Avoid all cotton clothing, as cotton gets cold when wet…
What do you wear under a white water rafting wetsuit?
What do you wear under a wetsuit for rafting? A swimsuit is the easiest option here. Men can wear boardshorts or synthetic boxers under their wetsuit also. No matter what you decide to wear, make sure it is not cotton.
What to wear for floating?
How to dress for river trips – rafting& Tubing
- Quick dry shorts (no cotton)
- Quick dry t-shirt, regular tshirt, or bathing suit.
- Sneakers or sport sandals that will stay on your feet. No flip flops!
- Hat with brim or visor.
- Sunglasses, be sure to have a strap to keep them on your head!