How do you move bodies in DesignModeler?
Here are the steps…
- In the top right near the “plane” pull down, you will see a little icon that looks like an “LCS” (local coordinate system).
- Then create a second plane, this is where you want to move the valve base to.
- Go to the Create menu => Body Operation and change the “Type” to “Move”.
How do you move parts in Ansys Workbench?
You can move linked and un-linked systems by selecting on Header Cell which is the one that says Static Structural, Modal, etc. After the Header Cell is selected, simply drag and drop to the new location.
How do you move the axis in Ansys?
- For the Origin, use the vertex tool and pick the corner.
- Click on Principal Axis Define By and pick Hit Point Normal.
- Then click a face you want the X axis to be normal to.
- Then click the Click to Change button.
How do you rotate a body in Ansys?
◾ To rotate a body: Select the body or geometry that you want to rotate. In the Rotate tab, select the Scalar Rotate radio button. Then, click the button for an axis to rotate the body along the selected axis.
How do you split bodies in DesignModeler?
In DesignModeler select all of the parts which you want to put into a MultiBody Part (they must be all of the same dimension e.g. 2-D, 3-D). Then just RMB and select MultiBody Part. This is covered in the DesignModeler training material, which I suggest you read.
How do you mirror Ansys?
To mirror an object
- (Optional) Create the plane you want to use as a mirror using the Insert Plane tool and position it with the Move tool.
- Click Mirror.
- Click the plane to use as a mirror.
- Click the Mirror.
How do you rotate geometry in Ansys?
How do you rotate a body in fluently?
You can rotate the mesh in ANSYS FLUENT using the Rotate Mesh dialog box (Figure 6.8….6.8. 13 Rotating the Mesh
- Specify the required Rotation Angle for the mesh.
- In the Rotation Origin group box, enter X, Y, and (for 3D) Z coordinates to specify a new origin for the axis of rotation.