How do you delete a sequence from a table?
- Name. DROP SEQUENCE — remove a sequence.
- Synopsis. DROP SEQUENCE [ IF EXISTS ] name [.] [
- Description. DROP SEQUENCE removes sequence number generators.
- Parameters. IF EXISTS.
- Examples. To remove the sequence serial: DROP SEQUENCE serial;
- See Also.
How do you delete a sequence in SQL?
To reset a specific sequence in Oracle:
- Get the next value for the sequence:
- Alter the sequence by incrementing the value by the negative “current value”:
- Get the next value again, which should return the value of 0.
- Set the sequence to increment by 1 again:
- Get the next value, should return 1;
How do you drop all sequences?
select ‘drop sequence ‘ || sequence_name || ‘;’ from user_sequences; This will generate the script to drop all the tables and sequences.
Which command will delete a sequence?
A sequence can be deleted from the database using the DROP SEQUENCE command.
How do you drop a sequence if it exists in Oracle?
The DROP SEQUENCE statement allows you to remove a sequence from the database. In this syntax, specify the name of the sequence that you want to remove after the DROP SEQUENCE keywords. If you don’t specify the schema to which the sequence belongs, Oracle will remove the sequence in your own schema.
What is drop sequence in Oracle?
Oracle DROP SEQUENCE overview The DROP SEQUENCE statement allows you to remove a sequence from the database. If you don’t specify the schema to which the sequence belongs, Oracle will remove the sequence in your own schema.
What happens to sequence when table is dropped in Oracle?
Dropping a table removes the table definition from the data dictionary. All rows of the table are no longer accessible. All indexes and triggers associated with a table are dropped. All views and PL/SQL program units dependent on a dropped table remain, yet become invalid (not usable).
How do you drop triggers?
Use the DROP TRIGGER statement to remove a database trigger from the database. The trigger must be in your own schema or you must have the DROP ANY TRIGGER system privilege. To drop a trigger on DATABASE in another user’s schema, you must also have the ADMINISTER DATABASE TRIGGER system privilege.
How do I add a sequence to a column in Oracle?
Creating a Sequence
- CREATE TABLE books ( id NUMBER(10) NOT NULL, title VARCHAR2(100) NOT NULL );
- ALTER TABLE books ADD ( CONSTRAINT books_pk PRIMARY KEY (id) );
- CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER books_on_insert BEFORE INSERT ON books FOR EACH ROW BEGIN SELECT books_sequence.