How do I reset my 2nd generation chromecast?
Option #2: Reset Chromecast Generation 2, 3, and 3 Ultra Via The Dongle
- With the Chromecast plugged into the TV, hold down the button on the side, waiting for the LED to start blinking orange.
- Once the LED steadily turns white, release the button, and the Chromecast will reboot to complete the reset process.
Why won’t my chromecast device connect?
Make sure your Chromecast is connected to the same WiFi network. Use the HDMI extender cable that came with your Chromecast. Reset your Chromecast by holding the reset button your dongle for 25 seconds. Make sure you’re running your Chromecast on a 2.4GHz network frequency.
How do I connect my chromecast to my WiFi?
Tap the Cast button in a Cast-enabled app.
- Plug in Chromecast and visit chromecast.com/setup.
- Connect Chromecast to your Wi‑Fi network.
- Tap the Cast button in a Cast-enabled app.
How do I connect a second TV to Chromecast?
Casting To 2 TVs
- Install the Google Cast extension.
- Install the Google Cast (beta) extension.
- Once you’ve installed both extensions, you will see two cast buttons at the top right of your browser (below).
- Open the web page you’d like to cast, then choose the TV you’d like to cast to.
How do I set up Chromecast without a Google home?
Using Your Chromecast as a Video Player
- Tap to select the app you intend to use.
- Select the video you want your Chromecast to play.
- Choose the ‘Cast’ option from any of your mobile devices or laptop.
- If you have a number of Chromecast devices, select the one you want to use.
- Use your mobile device as your remote control.
How do I connect Chromecast to my phone?
How to Chromecast from Android device
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap the Account tab.
- Scroll down and tap Mirror device.
- Tap Cast Screen/Audio. To successfully use this feature, you need to turn on the “microphone” permission in the Google Play Services app.
- Finally, choose your Chromecast device. You’re done!
Why is Chromecast not working on my TV?
Make sure the TV is tuned to the same HDMI input as the Chromecast. To reboot your Chromecast, unplug the power cord from the Chromecast device. Leave it unplugged for one minute before you plug the power cord back in. Note: When you unplug the Chromecast from the TV’s HDMI port, it does not reboot the device.
Can you use 2 Chromecast in the same house?
Yes you can have multiple Chromecast devices on the same network, I have a living room and bedroom Chromecast. As long as your WiFi network signal reaches your basement you can use the Google Home app and set up a second device.