How do I insert a list of figures in Word for Mac?
Click in your document where you want to insert the table of figures. On the Insert menu, click Index and Tables, and then click the Table of Figures tab. Click Options, and then select the Style check box. On the Style pop-up menu, click the style name that is used for the figure captions, and then click OK.
How do I insert a list of figures in Word 2010?
Click in your document where you want to insert the table of figures. Click References > Insert Table of Figures. You can adjust your Format and Options in the Table of Figures dialog box. Click OK.
How do you number the figures in Word 2010?
Figure 1: To have Word magically number your figures for you
- Type the name of the figure.
- Click in front of the name of the figure.
- In Insert menu on top of screen, select Caption.
- Under Options: Label, select Figure.
- Click OK.
- Add a space and/or a colon if necessary. Be tidy and consistent.
How do I link figures in Word?
Insert the cross-reference
- In the document, type the text that begins the cross-reference.
- On the Insert tab, click Cross-reference.
- In the Reference type box, click the drop-down list to pick what you want to link to.
- In the Insert reference to box, click the information you want inserted in the document.
How do I insert automatic figures in Word?
How to Insert Automatic Picture Numbers and Captions in Word 2016
- Right-click the picture and choose Insert Caption. Right-click the picture and choose Insert Caption.
- In the Caption box, after the figure number, type the caption that should appear.
- Set any other options as desired:
- Click OK.
How do you make a table of figures on a Mac?
In Word, choose Insert→Index and Tables and select the Table of Figures tab. Caption Label: Select which objects in the document to include in the table. Formats: This is a list of the styles available.
How do you format a list of figures?
Title this section in all capital letters as “LIST OF FIGURES”. List each new figure caption on a new line and capitalise the start of each word. Write the figure number on the left, then caption label and finally the page number the figure corresponds to on the right-hand side.
How do you reference figures?
A reference within the text to a table, graph, diagram, etc. taken from a source should include the author, date and page number in brackets to enable the reader to identify the data. If you have already named the author in the text, only the publication year and page number needs to be mentioned in brackets.
How to create a list of figures in MS Word 2010?
(1) Give all your figures a caption. (2) Click your cursor to where you’d like to place your List of Figures. (NOTE: Microsoft calls the same list “Table of Figures” unfortunately. What if you need to create a list of tables? Should you call that a “Table of Tables”?)
How to Insert Table of figures in Excel?
Insert a table of figures. 1 Click in your document where you want to insert the table of figures. 2 Click References > Insert Table of Figures. 3 You can adjust your Format and Options in the Table of Figures dialog box. Click OK.
How do you update table of figures in word?
You can adjust your Format and Options in the Table of Figures dialog box. Click OK. If you add, delete, change, or move captions, use Update Table so the table of figures reflects your changes. Click on the table of figures in your document. This will highlight the entire table. Click References > Update Table.
How to create a list of table and figures?
To generate a list of tables and figures or any other objects; Place the cursor where you want to add the list. In the Table of the Figures dialog box select the relevant Caption Label (Table, Figure, & Equation etc…) Do the necessary formating using the available options in the Table of Figures dialog box,