How do I get rid of jock itch on my face?
How is jock itch treated?
- Apply an over-the-counter antifungal cream, powder, or spray to the affected area.
- Wash the affected area thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Dry the affected area thoroughly after bathing and exercise.
- Change clothes and undergarments every day.
- Wear loose cotton clothing.
Can you use Lotrimin for Intertrigo?
* Mix equal parts of clotrimazole 1% cream (Lotrimin) or miconazole 1% cream and hydrocortisone 1% cream in your hand. Some patients find that mixing in a little Desitin or Triple Paste also helps if friction is a major problem.
Can Hydrocortisone be used for intertrigo?
Lower-potency topical steroids such as hydrocortisone are useful on the face and intertriginous areas.
Can you get jock itch on your face?
Tinea cruris affects the groin, and is also called “jock itch.” Tinea faciei affects the face.
How do you treat fungal infection on eyelids?
Possible forms of treatment for fungal eye infections include:
- Antifungal eye drops.
- Antifungal medication given as a pill or through a vein.
- Antifungal medication injected directly into the eye.
- Eye surgery.
Can I put Lotrimin on my face?
Avoid getting this medication in your eyes, nose, or mouth. Avoid using other skin medications on the areas you treat with Lotrimin AF Cream unless your doctor tells you to.
What does it mean when you have a jock itch?
Jock itch (tinea cruris) is a fungal infection that affects the skin of your genitals, inner thighs and buttocks. Jock itch causes an itchy, red, often ring-shaped rash in these warm, moist areas of your body.
Can a jock itch cause a psoriasis flare?
While science does not prove it, some people with inverse psoriasis suspect allergies and diet may also trigger psoriasis flares. Unlike inverse psoriasis, a fungus that lives on the skin causes jock itch. Hence, anything that gives the fungus a better environment to multiply may trigger jock itch.
How long does it take jock itch to clear up?
Jock itch is often easy to treat. It can clear up in a couple of weeks if you keep it dry and apply an over-the-counter antifungal lotion. If that doesn’t work, your doctor can give you a prescription for an antifungal treatment. You apply it to the affected area once or twice a day for 2 weeks.