How do I change the Shut Down options in Windows 7?
If you’re using Windows 7, all you have to do is open the Start Menu and click on Control Panel. Once the Control Panel is opened, click or tap on “System and Security.” In “System and Security,” right under “Power Options,” you’ll see a link called “Change what the power buttons do.” Click or tap on it.
How do I change the power button on Windows 7?
Here’s how you change the power button’s behavior:
- Click the Start button, choose Control Panel, and select the System and Security category.
- Choose Power Options.
- From the left-side panel, click Choose What the Power Button Does.
- Choose an option from the drop-down lists and click the Save Changes button.
How do I change my Shut Down options?
Double-click on “Change Start Menu power button” in the Setting window. Select “Enabled” in the top-left area of the window; then choose “Shut Down” or any other option you want to be the default shutdown option from the dropdown list in the Options window. Click “Apply;” then click OK.
How do you off auto shutdown Windows 7?
In control panel home on the left, click the Advanced system settings link. Locate the Startup and Recovery section near the bottom of the window and click on the Settings button. In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.
How do I change the shutdown button to log off?
The ‘Taskbar and Start Menu Properties’ window opens. Click on the Start Menu tab. Click on the ‘Power button action’ drop-down list and select the action you want to set as default. Click OK and the change is now applied.
How do I turn off the power button?
First, launch Control Panel by opening the Start menu and typing “control,” and then hit Enter or click the Control Panel icon. In Control Panel, click “Hardware and Sound.” Locate the “Power Options” section and click “Change what the power buttons do.”
How do I change the Shut Down button to log off?
How do I change switch to Shut Down?
Expand User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar. Double-click on Change Start Menu power button policy to edit it. Set the policy to “Enabled” and then the action to “Shut Down”
How do I change the power button settings?
Set the Power Button Function in Windows
- In the Control Panel, choose Hardware and Sound.
- Beneath the Power Options heading, click the Change What the Power Buttons Do link.
- Click a button to choose a Plugged In Power button function.
- Set additional Power button functions.
- Click the Save Changes button.
How do I stop automatic shutdown?
Method 1 – Via Run
- From the Start menu, open the Run dialog box or you can Press the “Window + R” key to open the RUN window.
- Type “shutdown -a” and click on the “OK” button. After clicking on the OK button or pressing the enter key, the auto-shutdown schedule or task will be canceled automatically.