How can I study for general studies in UPSC?
So for beginners, the best way to start the preparation for GS is to study all the NCERT from class VI to class XII for History, Geography, Economics, and Polity, the NCERT books for class XII and XII must be studied in addition to the lower class NCERTs.
What is the syllabus of General Studies in UPSC?
Syllabus for UPSC CSE Mains General Studies I (Mains Paper II):
|Paper II||General Studies I||250|
|Paper III||General Studies II||250|
|Paper IV||General Studies III||250|
|Paper V||General Studies IV||250|
What are the 4 general studies paper of UPSC?
Booklist for UPSC GS Paper 4
- Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude – G Subba Rao & P N Roy Chowdhury.
- Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude for IAS General Studies Paper IV – Niraj Kumar.
- Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude – Santosh Ajmera & Nanda Kishore Reddy.
- Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude – M Karthikeyan.
What does General Studies include in UPSC?
General Knowledge, or as it is commonly referred to as General Studies, involves questions and facts which can be included from literature, history, geography, political science, science, economy and the latest current affairs.
How can I increase my Upsc general knowledge?
Below, we have given some basic tips, tricks and techniques to boost your memory to crack the IAS exam.
- Learn Visually.
- Revise Regularly.
- Debate Rigorously.
- Teach Others.
- Use Mnemonics.
- Create mental maps or co-relations.
- Avoid multi-tasking.
- Self Quiz.
How do I prepare for general studies mains?
How to prepare for UPSC Mains after Prelims
- Step 1: Give Yourself A Break After Prelims.
- Step 2: Make A Detailed Study Plan For UPSC Mains Strategy.
- Step 3: Schedule The Time You Need To Invest In Each Paper (Here Is What Our Experts Say)
- Step 4: Enhance Your Answer Writing Practice.
- Step 5: Give Regular Mock Tests.
How do I prepare for GS 4?
How to Answer GS 4 Ethics Paper in UPSC Mains
- I. Theory.
- Prepare a Definition for Each of the Terms in the Syllabus.
- Value mapping.
- Flow charts and Diagrams.
- Make a database of real life examples.
- II. Case studies.
- A standard framework for answers.
How do I prepare for GS 3?
Recommended Booklist for UPSC General Studies Paper 3 for IAS Mains Exam
- NCERT Class X – Understanding Economic Development.
- NCERT Class XI – Indian Economic Development.
- NCERT Class XII – Macroeconomics (chapters 2,5 and 6 are very important)
- Indian Economy for Civil Services Examinations – Ramesh Singh.
What are general study subjects?
General Studies is a subject which encompasses all aspects of the world around us. It deals with politics, ethics, literature, language, culture, science, technology and mathematics.
Is the history syllabus for UPSC General Studies?
History Syllabus for UPSC General Studies History is an integral part of the UPSC exam preparation. History portions are present in the UPSC prelims exam as well as the UPSC mains exam. In the mains exam, it is part of the General Studies Paper 1.
Which is the first stage of UPSC Civil Services exam?
UPSC conducts the Civil Services Exam in three stages, namely prelims, mains and personality test/interview. Prelims and Mains are the stages which have General Studies papers. In Prelims, the papers are General Studies Paper I and General Studies paper II.
Which is the topic of GS Paper 1 in UPSC?
Here we have listed GS Paper 1 World History Syllabus topics from UPSC GS Syllabus below: World Between the Two Wars – Fascism & Nazism, Great Depression, Emergence of the Soviet Union, the US as a Superpower. In the GS paper 1 syllabus, every year 4-5 questions are asked from Indian Society topics in IAS exam.
Is the syllabus of UPSC prelims exam the same?
The syllabus for UPSC Prelims is discussed in-depth in this article. Ever since the pattern change in the UPSC Prelims exam in 2011, the syllabus has remained the same. Also, aspirants must note that the conducting body has rescheduled the prelims examination to October 10, 2021.