Can vaccinations give you headaches?
All vaccines can cause side effects. These are typically a sign of the immune system building up its defenses against potential infection. The side effects across different vaccines can be similar. For example, headaches are a common side effect of the flu vaccine.
Does the meningococcal vaccine have side effects?
4. Risks of a vaccine reaction. Soreness, redness, or swelling where the shot is given, tiredness, headache, muscle or joint pain, fever, or nausea, can happen after meningococcal B vaccination. Some of these reactions occur in more than half of the people who receive the vaccine.
Can I take ibuprofen after meningitis vaccine?
Ibuprofen can be used to treat a fever and other post-vaccination reactions. Giving ibuprofen at the time of vaccination to prevent a fever is not effective.
Can you have headaches after Covid?
Skull-pounding headaches can continue for weeks or even months after you test positive for COVID-19, with around-the-clock pain separated only by periods of agonizing and extreme spikes.
How long do meningococcal vaccine side effects last?
Menomune vaccine contains four of the most common types of meningococcal bacteria. Common side effects of Menomune include pain, redness, swelling, tenderness, or a lump at the injection site that usually lasts 1-2 days.
What are serious side effects of meningitis vaccine?
Are there any dangers or side effects associated with the meningococcal vaccine?
- Hoarseness, wheezing, trouble breathing, or swallowing.
- Hives, itching, skin warmth, or redness.
- Stomach cramps, diarrhea, or vomiting.
- Anxiety or headache.
- Weakness, dizziness, lightheadedness, or loss of consciousness.
Is it OK to give paracetamol after vaccination?
This is because it is not known how painkillers may affect how well the vaccine works. However, you may take paracetamol or other painkillers if you do develop side effects such as pain, fever, headache or muscle aches after vaccination.
How do you recover from a vaccine side effects?
Use an ice pack or cool, damp cloth to help reduce redness, soreness and/or swelling at the place where the shot was given. A cool bath can also be soothing. Drink liquids often for 1-2 days after getting the vaccine. Take an over the counter pain reliever unless you have any specific contraindication.
What is the best treatment for headache?
- Rest in a quiet, dark room.
- Hot or cold compresses to your head or neck.
- Massage and small amounts of caffeine.
- Over-the-counter medications such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others), acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) and aspirin.