Can I burn a DVD on my iMac?
The iMac lets you burn DVDs both through the Finder and through iDVD, which is Apple’s application for creating DVDs. Use the Finder to burn data DVDs for backing up or storing files; use iDVD to create a personalized DVD that will play on DVD players.
How do I copy files to DVD on Mac?
Burn CDs and DVDs on Mac
- Insert a blank disc into your optical drive.
- Double-click the disc to open its window, then drag the files and folders you want to burn to the window.
- Arrange and rename the files.
- Choose File > Burn [disc], then follow the instructions.
How do I backup my Mac lion?
Backup on battery power: If you’re a MacBook user, you can also choose to back up while using battery power. Go to Time Machine’s preferences, click Options, and select the Back up while on battery power option.
How do I reinstall Lion on my imac?
- Restart your computer, and immediately hold down command-r until the gray Apple logo appears.
- If prompted, select your main language and then click the arrow.
- Click Reinstall OS X, and then Continue.
How do I copy a DVD?
Copying a DVD movie, also known as ripping, is done by turning the DVD’s contents into a computer file and then burning that data onto a blank DVD disc. To do this, you will need the original DVD, a new disc, and a computer capable of playing DVDs, either through an internal player or external disc drive.
How do I copy a DVD on my Mac using Disk Utility?
How to Copy a DVD using Mac OS X’s Disk Utility
- Open Disk Utility.
- Insert your DVD into your Mac.
- Wait until the DVD shows up in the Disk Utility window, then click on it once to select it.
- Go to the File menu, select New, and from it’s sub-menu select New Disk Image from .
Is there a way to copy a DVD on a Mac?
If the DVD is unprotected, you can copy it using Mac’s built-in Disk Utility app. If the DVD is protected, which is usually the case with official movie releases, you’ll need to install some third-party apps to get around the limitation. Depending on the content, copying a protected DVD may violate the creator’s copyright or trademark.
How do I connect a DVD reader to my iMac?
To attach an external DVD reader to your Mac, connect the DVD reader’s cable to your Mac’s USB port (on the left side of a Mac laptop or on the back of an iMac desktop monitor). 2. Open Spotlight . Click the magnifying glass icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
How can I Burn a DVD on my Mac?
Download Burn for macOS. Burn is a free application that lets you burn playable movie DVDs on your Mac. Since your Mac doesn’t come with such an app, using Burn is a great workaround. To download burn: Click the Download Burn link to save the ZIP to your Downloads folder.
Is there a way to copy a protected DVD?
If you’re trying to copy a protected DVD such as an official movie or TV series release, see the Copying a Protected DVD Movie method. Open Disk Utility. An easy way to find the app is to click the magnifying glass icon at the top-right corner of the screen and type disk utility. The app’s icon looks like a hard drive with a stethoscope.